Famous Ikea Swedish Meatballs
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These meatballs are delicious-if you ever go shopping at an Ikea, you must stop at their restaurant and try these.
- Ready In:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1⁄2 cup 10% cream
- Saute onions in first tablespoon of oil until translucent. Set aside and let cool.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk, let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, breadcrumbs, milk egg, meat and seasonings. Mix thoroughly. Form tablespoon of the meat mixture into balls.
- Over medium heat, fry meatballs in second tablespoon of oil until brown on all sides.
- In a small saucepan, combine gravy and cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve meatballs with gravy, boiled potatoes and lingonberry preserves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wrote a previous review saying I would try these again...and I did. I used 1/2 the milk and found it perfect. The only other change I would make is to double the gravy - as a family of two, there wasn't quite enough gravy left for a second dinner. (and they taste just as good reheated in the microwave!)Reply
see 7 more