Prep 12 hrs
Cook 12 mins
The Linneas of Texas, Swedish Recipes. Gathered from the Internet 1998. Choose any quick cooking veggies your family will enjoy in this recipe. We like to use cherry or grape tomatoes, chunks of red or green bell pepper, quartered red or sweet onion, mushrooms, slices of yellow or zucchini squash and lemon slices.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup swedish vodka
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 crushed bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon crushed thyme
- Skin the chicken and cut off all visible fat.
- Cut each breast into 6-8 pieces.
- Season w salt& pepper.
- Mix ingredients for marinade, add chicken and marinate several hours or over night.
- Arrange chicken on skewers, alternating with veggies of your choice.
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered red onions, thick slices of lemon, large pieces of green pepper, mushrooms or summer squash may be used.
- Broil on charcoal fire 4 minutes on each side.
- Garnish w bay leaves.
- Marinade can be boiled down and spooned over chicken when done.
I liked these a lot! They didn't taste like I expected, but were nice. Like piccata. I would make them again!
This recipe came out better than I expected! As the "Swedish vodka" I used Linie Aquavit, which worked quite well. Coming out of the marinade, the meat had an unusual odor (aquavit has a unique aroma all its own), but once it cooked with the vegetables on the kebabs, it was quite nice. The flavor of it was similar to a lemony picatta, but lighter. The leftover marinade I simmered down into a reduction sauce which was *very* tasty (don't skip the sauce - it's worth the extra step). We both loved this unusual recipe! :) I made it as part of the Adoptee Support Group swap - you got yourself a good one, Susie! :)