Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Scandinavianfood.about.com. An option is to sprinkle in 1/4 cup crisply fried bacon and serve in lieu of baked potatoes with steak or fish.
- 6 medium-large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream (or half and half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Boil whole, unpeeled potatoes in unsalted water until fork-tender. Remove and allow to sit until cool enough to touch. Peel potatoes, then chop into 1” dice.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together butter and flour to make a light roux, but do not allow to darken. Add cream, salt, and pepper and whisk steadily until incorporated and thickened into a cream sauce, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, turn heat to medium-low, and allow potatoes to stew just until warmed. Garnish with chopped dill and serve.
Reviewed for ZWT9 - I made this dish using a blended gf flour and extra cream. Totally loved it and this dish makes a lovely potato side
Yummy! We really loved these creamy potatoes. It is hard to believe that something so simple could taste so good. The fresh dill really turns the flavor up a notch. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for ZWT9 Scandinavia for The Apron String Travelers.
Easy and nice and creamy. I scaled the recipe way down and enjoyed it for lunch. Thanks! Made by a team Hot Stuff member for ZWT 2013.