Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
These cookies have Andes mints tucked inside them, plus melted chocolate on top...sometimes I also add a bit of cocoa to the dough to make double chocolate cookies. Cooking time includes 2 hours for chilling dough. ZWT 3: U.S. (Andes mints)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- With floured hands, shape tablespoons of dough around 42 candies (you will have rectangular cookies).
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a saucepan or microwave, melt remaining candies and drizzle over tops of cookies.
These are a regular on my holiday cookie tray! Everyone enjoys these and they're easy to make (except for the unwrapping of all the Andes mints)! Thanks for posting this popular treat.
I've made these alot, and my friends can't get enough of them. I frost with white frosting and sprinkle with crushed candy canes at Christmas. I won 1st. place at a cookie exchange with these. Try them you will come back for more.
I've made these a few times. Everyone loves them and they're pretty easy too.