Recipe by lucid501
These cookies have Andes mints tucked inside them, plus melted chocolate on top...sometimes I also add a bit of cocoa to the dough to make double chocolate cookies. Cooking time includes 2 hours for chilling dough. ZWT 3: U.S. (Andes mints)
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
These are a regular on my holiday cookie tray! Everyone enjoys these and they're easy to make (except for the unwrapping of all the Andes mints)! Thanks for posting this popular treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 65 Andes mints candies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt, and gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- With floured hands, shape tablespoons of dough around 42 candies (you will have rectangular cookies).
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a saucepan or microwave, melt remaining candies and drizzle over tops of cookies.