Hershey's Kisses Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies!
photo by Bettee Crocker
- Ready In:
- 70 hershey's peanut butter kisses
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter or 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- granulated sugar
- Remove wrappers from peanut butter filled chocolates.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add sugar, corn syrup, egg and vanilla; blend well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add to peanut butter mixture, blending well.
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 30 (about 1-1/4 inch) balls. Press peanut butter filled chocolate piece into each ball; covering completely with dough. Reshape into balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Set aside 30 peanut butter filled chocolates. Place remaining chocolates in heavy-duty resealable plastic food storage bag. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; knead. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, kneading after each heating, just until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth. Cut small piece from corner of bag; drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. Before drizzle sets, place peanut butter filled chocolate in center of each cookie. Allow drizzle to harden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!