Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little tidbits are wonderful! They look awesome too! Found them on Martha Stewart site.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted & cooked
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla, and beat until well combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture; mix on low speed until combined.
- Using a tablespoon or 1 3/4-inch ice cream scoop, drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies begin to spread and become firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
- CHOCOLATE FROSTING FOR SURPRISE COOKIES:.
- Place confectioner's sugar in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in butter and cocoa powder.
- Add milk and vanilla, and whisk until well combined.
- BACK TO COOKIES AGAIN:.
- Remove baking sheets from oven, and place a marshmallow, cut-side down, in the center of each cookie, pressing down slightly.
- Return to oven, and continue baking until marshmallows begins to melt, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting over each marshmallow, starting in the center and continuing outward until marshmallow is covered.