Recipe by Pietro
An easy "make at home" recipe. You can choose your steaks and cook them according to your preference. your taste buds will having you coming back for seconds!
- 750 g of peeled green prawns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 ml thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock powder
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- chopped fresh parsley
- 4 beef steaks, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat a heavy based pot until hot. Add the butter, garlic and prawns and stir fry until prawns are half cooked, set aside.
- 2. Mix the stock powder and hot water together until powder is well disolved. Add to cream.
- 3. Using the same pot, heat the cream mixture until hot. Stir constantly. Do not allow to boil.
- 4. Add the parsley and prawns. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5. Mix cornflour and cold water together. Add to pot to thicken.
- 6. Continue to cook until prawns are cooked through.
- 7. Serve over cooked steaks with potato chips or wedges and a green salad.