Recipe by Wineaux
This is a different type of spaghetti that I got from Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook. It's a nice change from tomato-based recipes and we enjoy it because it is! A few hot pepper flakes give it a little zing. Use salt to your own taste and enjoy!
Top Review by jodsmi
We thought this one had a lot of potential, but we were a little disappointed. It was way too pasty for us. We used broccoli and I think if half had been added later so that there were still some florets in tact it would have been much more appealing. Not sure that we will try this one again, but it was definitely easy to make and was very quick.
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces other pastas
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach or 1 lb broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, microwave the frozen or broccoli to thaw and cook, about 4 minutes on high power (or steam until just cooked.
- Transfer to a blender and add the milk, garlic, butter and salt(if using).
- Puree and pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Toss and sprinkle with parmeasan.