Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
The title says it all! Super yummy and the longer you whip it the silkier, creamier, and lighter it becomes! I would definitely suggest using good quality ingridients such as using good vanilla, freshly opened powdered sugar, and good quality butter--no margarine here! The flavors really come out in this frosting and it is so easy, simple, and fun!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temprature (a bit over 1/3 a cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 -5 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 pinch salt
- Measure and place 3 cups powdered sugar into a medium or large mixing bowl.
- Add the softened room temprature butter, 2 tsp of vanilla, and begin with 2 T of half and half.
- Using electric mixer start beating the frosting.
- Slowly add a bit more half and half as you beat the frosting.
- I honestly use about 4T of the half and half and I also beat the frosting for at least 3-4 minutes. I highly recommend using the half and half and NOT subbing milk for it -- makes a big difference, imho!
- If you use salted butter omit the pinch of salt listed in the ingredients.
- Frosts 1 13x9 or a layer cake if frosted lightly.