Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Add sugar and cocoa, mixing well.
- Stir in milk in portions, stirring each time.
- Add vanilla.
- Spread on cooled cake or other items needing frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really awful recipe which wound up ruining a perfectly good sheet cake. Everyone who tried it agreed and ultimately we scraped off the frosting and created a different one. The cocoa's too strong and the sugar ratio's overpowering. Maybe melted chocolate vs. cocoa would become subtler and not so in-your-face?Reply
see 273 more