Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a hearty dish for those rainy days..!!
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6 vegetarian sausages (5, cauldron or linda mccartney's)
- 1 (400 g) can baked beans
- chili flakes (to taste)
- Worcestershire sauce
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese or cheese, of choice
- Follow oven instuctions on sausages and cook for half of the specified time.
- meanwhile prepare all veg into chunks (not too specific varying sizes is nice) in 1 inch pieces and mince the garlic.
- boil a saucepan of water and simmer potatoes for 5 mins until partially cooked but still quite firm.
- Fry off the onion in a little olive oil until translucent and slightly brown. add the garlic, parboiled potatoes, sweet potato, carrots. Do this for 5 minutes
- Then add the pepper and tomatoes (make sure you include all the seeds and tomato juice). Stir this around for a few mins over a medium heat until the tomatoes have softened slightly and there is a gravy forming. Do not let this burn and add a tablespoon of water if pan gets too hot.
- Take the sausages out of the oven and cut into 4/5 pieces. add to veg.
- Pour in tin of beans and a good slosh of worcestershire sauce and half a teaspoon of chilli flakes(to taste). Mix well and season.
- Pour entire mixture into a deep oven dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan or cheese of you choice.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 mins until brown and all veg are soft. You want the top to be crunchy.
- Serve with garlic bread or salad and enjoy.