Recipe by Sandi - QLD Australia
Everyone that tries this, asks for the recipe! Keeps amazing well and freezes well too! I often makes several at a time and freeze for school/work lunches. This is probably our families favourite cake. This recipe is an one, not sure where it came from. Enjoy!
Top Review by Honey monster
I was so looking forward to trying his but sadly I was disappointed, I didn't find it to be "super moist" I put in candied ginger and extra dry ginger (i adore ginger cake)which did give it some oomph, otherwise I think it would have been bland.
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 cup sugar (I use brown sugar)
- 2 eggs (whisked slightly)
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and golden syrup, set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift flours, bi-carb of soda, ginger, cinnamon,mixed spice and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add eggs and milk. Beat well.
- Add melted butter and syrup and mix well to combine.
- Grease and line 2 loaf tins (approx 23cm x 12 cms). Divide mix evenly between the 2 tins.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 deg C / 350 deg F) for about 50 mins or until top is golden brown and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for 10 mins before removing.