This is one of those cakes that, well, the longer it sets, the better it gets. Oh, don't get me wrong, it is just as delicious warm and fresh out of the oven. The added bonus to this lovely cake is that instead of drying out, it gets more moist as the days pass on, if it lasts that long...
- Cream together the eggs, oil and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Combine all.
- Now add your nuts, vanilla and apples.
- Note~this batter is VERY stiff, don't worry, it's suppose to be that way. When the apples cook they add plenty of moisture to the cake to make it moist. Plus, your going to add more moisture when your glaze soaks inches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 cake pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- In a sauce pan, combine your glaze ingredients and boil for a few minutes. Set aside.
- When cake is done, puncture the top of cake with a fork, quite a bit. Pour on your glaze.