Recipe by Kay14
This is a great appetizer that my family devours at holiday get-togethers. The cooking time is chilling time. The recipe listed below only makes 20 rolls which is not a lot. I typically make this recipe in larger batches (everything multiplies by 6).
- 2 (10 -12 count) packagessliced ham (you must use the super thin "wafer" ham. Carl Budding Ham is the best because it's super thin)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (chopped, be aware of if the can is marked mild or medium because that will make a huge difference! I)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften cream cheese in microwave.
- Drain green chilies.
- Stir in green chilies and mix well.
- Spread generously over each slice of ham.
- Roll ham length wise.
- Refrigerate rolls until firm (about 3 hours).
- Slice into bite size pieces and insert toothpicks into center of each.
- Spread the individual pieces onto a serving platter - very beautiful!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- **May substitute part or all jalapeño peppers, chopped for green chilies for a HOT change of pace.