Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking at another recipe and didn't have the right ingredients, so I made mine up as I went. Worked out perfect.
- 1 (1 lb) packageprepared egg roll wrap (about 18 rolls)
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 medium radishes
- 5 scallions
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- (note: shredding to fine will result in mushy texture) With a small food processor shred the pork, celery, radishes, and scallions together.
- Put in big bowl.
- Rinse the water chestnuts and shrimp in cold water before using.
- Then shred the water chestnuts and shrimp.
- Put with pork mix.
- Then the shred the cabbage and carrots together to make 2 cups of mix.
- Put in with the pork mix.
- Shred the bean sprouts on a quick pulse and add to mix.
- Add all your spices and stir and taste.
- If you think it needs something more (i. e. salt, garlic, whatever, season it to your taste.) Lay egg roll wrapper flat and put on a loose 1/3 cup of filling (don't pack it) in center and arrange it in a small log, fold sides over and start to roll.
- Place on greased cookie sheeat sides not touching.
- Brush tops of egg rolls lightly with oil and bake.
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
I used Spring Roll wrap instead of egg roll wrap - it is lighter especially if you are baking them- Super recipe-cut it back to 4 servings - no problem I like baking instead of deep frying Thanks lunchlady for a keeper
This recipe calls for "prepared" egg rolls; then later explains to fill egg roll wrappers. My guess is that the recipe should read "egg roll wrappers" instead of prepared egg rolls. Good reason to read the whole recipe ahead or you wouldn't have all the ingredients. The vegetable mix does sound delicious, though.