Recipe by lunchlady685
I was looking at another recipe and didn't have the right ingredients, so I made mine up as I went. Worked out perfect.
Top Review by Bergy
I used Spring Roll wrap instead of egg roll wrap - it is lighter especially if you are baking them- Super recipe-cut it back to 4 servings - no problem I like baking instead of deep frying Thanks lunchlady for a keeper
- 1 (1 lb) packageprepared egg roll wrap (about 18 rolls)
- 2 cups shredded cooked pork
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 celery ribs
- 3 medium radishes
- 5 scallions
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- (note: shredding to fine will result in mushy texture) With a small food processor shred the pork, celery, radishes, and scallions together.
- Put in big bowl.
- Rinse the water chestnuts and shrimp in cold water before using.
- Then shred the water chestnuts and shrimp.
- Put with pork mix.
- Then the shred the cabbage and carrots together to make 2 cups of mix.
- Put in with the pork mix.
- Shred the bean sprouts on a quick pulse and add to mix.
- Add all your spices and stir and taste.
- If you think it needs something more (i. e. salt, garlic, whatever, season it to your taste.) Lay egg roll wrapper flat and put on a loose 1/3 cup of filling (don't pack it) in center and arrange it in a small log, fold sides over and start to roll.
- Place on greased cookie sheeat sides not touching.
- Brush tops of egg rolls lightly with oil and bake.
- Bake at 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.