Recipe by hello frog
This is a delicious cake that I had at a friends party. It was her mom's recipe, who was kind enough to give it to me!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl.
- Mix for a few minutes with handmixer.
- Add raisins.
- Either poor batter into one large baking dish or smaller shapes (this influences baking time).
- Peel apples. Use peeler or cheese slicer to shave off small slices of apple.
- Press apple slices into batter vertically, working from the outside inches If you are using round cake pans, you will get a sort of rose-shape. It's ok if the apple slices stick out a bit. The edges will curl around and make the nice rose-shape.
- Stick into oven and bake until pick comes out clean.
- I will add a photo shortly!