Easy One-Bowl Apple Snack Brownie Cake
photo by Chris from Kansas
- Ready In:
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8-in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine first four ingredients.
- Combine water, oil, lemon juice and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, and stir, just until combined.
- Toss apples with sugar and cinnamon; fold into batter.
- Pour into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 mins, or until cake tests done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very tasty, very moist. I really enjoyed the slightly unusal combination of chocolate and apples. I made a few subs- I used whole wheat pastry flour for the flour, butter rather than oil, sucanat (evaporated cane juice) instead of sugar and switched out the water/lemon juice for buttermilk (I've got some on hand that needs to be used up soon!). Worked very nicely and very moist. I would say to be sure that you have a very apple-y apple that will stand up well to baking, because the delicate apple flavor is easily overpowered by the chocolate. The moisture in this made it lovely and fudgy, but it wasn't overwhelmingly chocolaty (if there is such a thing??) Anyhow, a lovely recipe and a nice change from the usual plain apple-cinnamon combo.