Easy Apple Spice Cake
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- Blend half a package (approximately 2 1/4 cups) cake mix, water, and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 9" square pan.
- Combine remaining cake mix with cinnamon; add melted butter (or margarine) and vanilla.
- Toss with a fork to form large crumbs.
- Sprinkle half of crumb mixture over batter in pan.
- Arrange 1 cup of apple slices over crumb mixture.
- Carefully spoon on remaining batter.
- Arrange rest of apple slices over batter.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 40-45 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.
Easy and very good! I suggest not to measure 21/4 cups because the cake batter does settle. My box had not even 4 cups so i just divided it.I also added almond slivers in with the crumb mixture. I made it in a 10 inch pie dish then after baked and cooled dusted with powdered sugar. Kree thumbs up! If I had 5 thumbs they`d all be up. Yummy!
Everyone loved this cake, it was so delicious! I served it slightly warm with whip cream on top. It is simple to make! I followed Rita's suggestion about dividing the cake mix and it does work fine. I forgot to add the vanilla but will do that next time. Baking time was right on for me. Awesome recipe Kree, thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!