Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the easiest cobbler I have ever made. I heard the recipe on the radio with my Grandma when I was young. We went to the store, bought the stuff to make it, and I've been making it ever since. My new father in law, who doesn't like sweets, insists I bring him one whenever I visit! I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the fruit in to a large baking pan, glass pans work best but I have also used the aluminum "to-go" pans when taking them to potlucks and such and it works fine. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze it over the fruit.
- Melt the butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Add the cake mix and egg. Mix with a fork as best you can. There will still be tiny lumps and stuff and it will be a little slimy looking, but that's ok.
- Spread the cake mix as evenly as you can. It won't spread out all over it but it should cover the majority of it. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Place it in the oven on the middle rack. Baking time varies so you kind of have to keep and eye on it. It will probably be about an hour to and hour and a half. The top will be golden brown and if you test it with a toothpick it should come out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes and serve. It's best warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.