Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great 'make ahead' salad to have on hand when expecting family and friends for the weekend. This is one of our favorites and most salad lovers request the recipe. Be sure to refrigerate preferably in a covered jar which I find keeps it crisp and fresh. Only the salad itself goes into the serving bowl - the marinade remains in the jar. Using one of your special glass bowls adds to the presentation.
- 2 (12 ounce) cansof drained kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow sweet pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- In mixing bowl add: 2 (12 0z.) cans of drained kernel corn.
- Add the prepared vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine the marinade ingredients.
- Combine and toss, cover and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- (better if marinated overnight).
- Store in fridge.
I like the ingredients in this recipe but not a big fan of the sugar/vinegar flavor it has. I think it would taste better with a cilantro/lime flavor. Either way it is a refreshing healthy salad and worth the try.
I made this for a potluck at work today and everyone loved it. I was concerned about making to much but it was such a hit I should have made a larger batch. Several made a point to let me know how much they liked it! Very attractive and flavorful dish!
My entire family loved this salad. I used fresh cilantro from our garden instead of parsley and then added just a few jalapeno slices for extra kick. Some of my family enjoyed it with nacho chips as a dip.