Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These extra special mashed potatoes are definitely worth the splurge in butter. The addition of garlic powder, onion powder and cheddar gives this classic side dish lots of flavor. Yum!
- 5 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced into 1/2 tbs. pieces
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring potatoes to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Drain water from potatoes and return potatoes to pan. Add sliced butter. With a mashing utensil, mash potatoes until semi-smooth (small chunks are fine).
- Add milk and seasonings to pan. Continue mashing and stirring until well-incorporated.
- Add cheese and stir until incorporated.