This is a tasty dish that I got from another cooking website. It is quick and easy to make. There is no crust, so if you think you need something, you could serve it with my Easy Bread Bowls. Yummy! It can be made ahead of time and the toppings put on before you bake it. If you do that, let it stand at room temperature for a little while. NOTE: I sometimes do it all in a frying pan and then put it into a casserole dish and bake it and not use an oven-proof skillet. Works well both ways.
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1-2 garlic clove (minced)
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms (reserve a little for the top)
- 295.73 ml elbow macaroni
- 396.89 g jar pasta sauce or 396.89 g jar pizza sauce
- 396.89 g jar water (use pasta sauce jar)
- 70.87 g cansliced black olives (drained (reserve a little for the top)
- 226.79 g packageshredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- sliced pepperoni (as much as you want)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a oven-proof skillet, brown hamburg, onion, pepper, garlic, and sliced mushrooms for about 5 minutes until meat is cooked through; drain excess fat.
- Add macaroni, pasta sauce, water, and olives.
- Cook until it comes to a slow bubble for about 15 minutes, until macaroni is soft.
- If you are doing this according to the NOTE in the description and are going to transfer it to a casserole, you will do it at this point and continue with other steps.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and pepperoni on the top.
- Garnish with reserved bell pepper, a few sliced mushrooms, and black olives.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes till cheese is nice and bowned on top.
- Serve directly from the pan.
- You could serve it in my recipe for bread bowls that are made ahead of time.