1 hr 10 mins
Theresa P's Note:
Ever wonder what to do with all those left-over egg yolks from baking an angel food cake? This is what my grandmother did with hers! A luscious, eggy sponge cake. You can frost it or not, your choice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2With electric mixer, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened; add hot water gradually, beating until mixture is very thick and light (about 10 minutes).
- 3Add flavoring to egg yolks, then add sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- 4Fold in flour, about a fourth at a time (I do this by hand) folding until well blended.
- 5Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- 6Bake at 375°F for 40-50 minutes until done.
- 7Remove cake from oven and invert pan.
- 8Let cake stand for an hour until cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (771 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2105.6
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 1888.0 mg
- Sodium 1607.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 384.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 201.3 g
- Protein 43.0 g