Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From 365 Way to Cook Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- Preheat oven to 350. Arrange chicken, skin side up in a 12 by 8 inch baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
- In a medium size saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar. Stir in broth, orange juice, brandy, vinegar, orange zest and tarragon.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in orange and grapefruit sections.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Return to oven for 15 minutes longer, until chicken is fork tender.