Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is hands-down my favorite recipe to make for any family dinner. Sunny vegetable salad is too good for words, you'll see when you make it. It does take a bit of work doing everything from scratch (particularly the broccoli and cauliflower), but I guarantee you'll run out every time because everyone goes for seconds. I posted this recipe as it originally was, but my family always makes it with 1/3 cup instead of a 1/2 cup sugar and it's just as good.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a large salad bowl, toss broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds.
Super flavor! This is a great salad and a wonderful excuse to make a bunch of bacon that accidentally gets eaten by the cook. ;) Be sure to make a full recipe, I scaled back to serve 4 and it barely hit the table before it was gone!! Nice work.