Sunny Fruit Salad!
This is so good using orange marmalade to make a yummy dressing! Feel free to substitute other fruits for the ones listed. From the Reynolds Wrap folks.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained reserving 1/2 cup syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- 3 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 small peaches, cut in thin slices
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes (or green or a mix of both)
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cut in chunks
- 1 cup honeydew melon, cut in chunks
- Combine the orange marmalade, reserved mandarin orange syrup and almond or vanilla extract in a small bowl; set aside.
- Arrange kiwi slices and mandarin orange segments around bottom and lower sides of a 1 quart glass serving bowl. Arrange the sliced peaches, strawberries, grapes and melon chunks in the bowl.
- Drizzle the marmalade mixture over the fruit.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a tasty and refreshing fruit salad. I used fresh mandarin segments, peaches, strawberries, cantaloupe and green grapes. Since I didn't have the syrup from the can, I used some simple syrup along with homemade mandarin marmalade. I chose the vanilla extract. My children really enjoyed it. Thank you Sharon! Made for the Dining Daredevils & ZWT 5.1Reply
This recipe was the "base" for what I created to go with our French Dinner for ZWT3. Made the sauce as called for, then had the m. oranges, kiwi, green grapes, and a mango. I wanted the sauce to be thick, so I took some of the reserved mand. o.j. and some cornstarch, heated all the sauce in a small pan, and thickened it a bit...poured it over the fruit (warm) and had sort of a little Sunshiny Fruit Salad Compote. We all thought this was quite delicious! *Made for ZWT 3 Caribbean Tour*1Reply
This recipe was my choice for the Australian leg of ZWT 3. This was really good and refreshing for a hot and humid evening. I liked the option to add the almond extract, gave it a unique twist compared to your average fruit salad. I love being able to serve my little one something that he enjoys and is healthy for him too! We'll have to make this again. Thanks!1Reply
see 9 more