Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, this makes a wonderful spread over pizza crust, as a condiment or even as a thick marinade for grilled chicken. Plan ahead this pesto needs to be refrigerated for 24 hours before using.
Top Review by MsSally
This was great and easy. I used it in "recipe #382074", but it was equally good over toasted bread. I plan to freeze this for future use, so I will comment on that at a later time. Great way to used up my herbs before the frost gets them. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (boiling) or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (boiling)
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (can use a little more) or 2 tablespoons walnuts (can use a little more)
- 2 large whole garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heat-proof bowl pour the 1-1/2 cups boiling stock over the sun-dried tomatoes; let soak for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender combine basil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts or walnuts, garlic cloves and sugar or honey; carefully process until finely chopped.
- Add in the olive oil and the tomatoes with the soaking liquid; process until fairly smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store covered in refrigerator for 24 hours before using or up to 4 days.