Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From 5/7/03 Chicago Sun-Times, I've been searching for recipes using dried tomatoes to use in Mirj's Oven-dried tomatoes Oven-Dried Tomatoes This one seems to fit the bill. Prep times are approximate.
- 2 small shallots, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 6 brine-cured black olives, such as kalamata, pitted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- With food processor running, drop shallots and garlic through feed tube and process until finely chopped.
- Stop machine; add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper; process until finely minced.
- With machine running, slowly pour olive oil through feed tube and process until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings and use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Easy and good! I did add anchovies.And there`s nothing like picking fresh herbs from your garden to make this delish dressing!
This tasted wonderful although it was very thick, so I doubled oil, added water, extra garlic and olives.
The flavor is excellent, but it was so thick that I ended up having to double the vinegar and oil to get a dressing consistency. On the other hand, I saved a bit of the "paste" and it was terrific on bread. Thanks for the easy and tasty recipe!