Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can also be made with shrimp or lobster. Serve on a bed of lettuce, it's perfect for an afternoon outdoor (or indoor) summer luncheon. Double the recipe if serving more 4 people. Delicious!
Top Review by Bev
We enjoyed this salad so much! I made as directed, however I used only a very small portion of the dressing over the crab. This recipe makes quite a lot of dressing and I wanted the flavor of the crab to shine through. I served this as our main dish tonight for supper for the two of us. Thanks again, Kittencal!
- salad greens (any amount desired)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cold cooked crabmeat, chunks
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄4 cup good-quality chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onions or 1⁄4 cup scallion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped green olives
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare all dressing ingredients.
- Toss the dressing with the crabmeat, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a shallow serving dish with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon the crabmeat mixture over the lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs and black olives.