Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a large batch and freezes well. You could add whatever you like from your garden; the recipe changes slightly every time I make it.
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 medium white potatoes, cubed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, halved,seeds removed and diced
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Place all ingredients, except basil, in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Mix in the basil and adjust seasoning.
- Thin the soup with a little more stock if you find it too thick.
- Vegetable stock could be used instead of chicken.