Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from the old plastic bag my mother handed me when she moved to a retirement home this summer. This one I remember! Very good. We always had a large garden out back and this is a good casserole to use when it explodes.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Combine squash, tomatoes and onions in pot, cover with water and parboil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Heat garlic in olive oil in large skillet.
- Add tomatoes, onion and squash slices and simmer until the onion slices become transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 6 quart casserole dish.
- Add bouillon, salt and pepper. Bake for 1 hour or until squash is tender.
- Stir in dill and tarragon.
- Sprinkle top with parsley.
- Return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
This was really good! I didn't use the dill or tarragon but used fresh basil instead - we really enjoyed this dish & I'll prepare it again.
I LOVED this! I used zucchini, because that's what is available over here and I'm always trying to find new ways to use it. I'm sure I'll be making this again! Thanks! Made for Aussie/Kiwi Swap #20.
Wow... This was outstanding.... I loved the flavor of the two combined.... I've eaten squash my whole life but never with tomatoes before.... This dish was super easy to make and the taste was out of this world..... I used beef broth for the 1 cup of boullion and only used 3 tomatoes and 1 onion..... My two kids and I were the only ones eating this so we cut it down some...... Thanks so much for sharing.... Picture to be added soon....