Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
An herb enhanced summer pasta salad. A deliceious option for picnics or potlucks. Add as many other vegetables for other variations.
- 4 cups cooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces turkey salami, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar or 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid combine the oil, vinegar, and seasonings; shake well.
- Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.