Recipe by grandma2969
This is wonderful..want to get my version on the web..family and friends request it..
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons meat curing salt
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 -6 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ground cloves
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine water, ground beef, curing salt, liquid smoke, onion powder, celery seed.garlic powder, nutmeg, cloves and black pepper.Mix well.
- Divide mixture int half.place half on 18x10" piece of heavy foil.
- Shape into an 9" log, roll in cracker pepper if desired.
- Repeat with other log.wrap in foil and chill overnight.
- Poke holes in foil and place on rack in shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 350* for 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool slightly -- rewrap rolls and store in refrigerator.