1/11 Photos of Summer Memories: Jumbleberry Crumble With Shortbread Topping
French Tart's Note:
This was a quick throw it together Sunday Lunch pudding idea - raid the freezer for all the nearly used bags of frozen summer fruits, such as cherries, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, bilberries (blueberries), blackberries and strawberries. Fling them all into an ovenproof gratin dish; whizz up a shortbread crumble topping - and Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt, as we say down our way!!!! We loved it, the combination of fruits was wonderful - and it is a great idea for using up whatever fruits you have lurking in your freezer. I am sure that fresh fruit would also be suitable. We like our fruits to be on the tart side - so pleased add sugar to taste! Serve the crumble with hot custard, cold custard, cream, ice cream, crème fraiche or whatever you fancy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g assorted frozen fruit
- blackberry, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, blueberries, bilberries, cherries and strawberries
- 1 -4 tablespoon sugar, to taste
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C).
- 2You will also need a shallow ovenproof baking dish with a diameter of 9 inches (23 cm), 11/2 inches (4 cm) deep.
- 3First, make the topping. All you do is place the sifted flour, butter and sugar in the processor and give it a whiz until it resembles crumbs. If you don’t have a processor, place the flour in a large mixing bowl, then add the butter and rub it into the flour lightly, using your fingertips. Then when it all looks crumbly, and the fat has been dispersed fairly evenly, add the sugar and combine that well with the rest of the ingredients.
- 4Now arrange the mixed fruit in the dish and sprinkle over the sugar to taste, then the crumble mixture, spreading it out all over the fruit with a fork. Place the crumble on a high shelf in the oven and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes until the top is golden and crisp. Serve with chilled pouring cream, custard, whipped cream, creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Memories: Jumbleberry Crumble With Shortbread Topping
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: