Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the July/August Simple & Delicious.
Make and share this Sugar & Spice Salmon recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
Triple Fruit Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled kiwi fruit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Place salmon in dish. Combine brown sugar, mustard, salt, cayenne, and ginger, and sprinkle mixture over salmon. Dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375* F for 20-23 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While salmon bakes, make salsa by combining all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mixing together. Serve along with salmon.
We thought the fish was very good by itself and the salsa was very good by itself, but the two don't really go well together. Fish glazed with a brown sugar sauce is more of a fall/winter dish, but the salsa is definitely a summer dish. I would make the salsa again, but I would serve it with chicken. I would also make the fish again, but I would not make the salsa with it.
Though slightly tedious meal to prepare, it is none-the-less easy and the results are delicious. The fruit salsa can be HOT! but taste great with the salmon, especially served over brown rice.