Recipe by Halcyon Eve
This is from the July/August Simple & Delicious.
Top Review by Paris D
We thought the fish was very good by itself and the salsa was very good by itself, but the two don't really go well together. Fish glazed with a brown sugar sauce is more of a fall/winter dish, but the salsa is definitely a summer dish. I would make the salsa again, but I would serve it with chicken. I would also make the fish again, but I would not make the salsa with it.
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
Triple Fruit Salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled kiwi fruit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375* F. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Place salmon in dish. Combine brown sugar, mustard, salt, cayenne, and ginger, and sprinkle mixture over salmon. Dot with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375* F for 20-23 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While salmon bakes, make salsa by combining all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and mixing together. Serve along with salmon.