Chinese Five Spice Marinated Salmon
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 in strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 -3 dashes hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated (to taste)
- lemons or lime wedge
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow nonmetalic baking dish or ziplock bag,.
- Add the salmon strips and turn gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 6 hours, turning often.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place in a casserole dish that will fit inside your bamboo steamer. (I use a disposible aluminum cake pan that has been slightly modified to allow steam to filter around the sides.).
- Generously brush salmon with your favorite oriental sauce; sprinkle grated ginger on top.
- Cover with bamboo lid and place over boiling water to steam.
- Steam for 10-12 minutes; or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve over rice with lemon/lime wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"