Sugar & Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- On foil lined cookie sheet (I fold up all four sides of foil to form a lip so they don't slide off), spread out seeds in a single layer.
- Toast in oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring several times until seeds are dry & starting to brown.
- When seeds are toasted, melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat.
- Add seeds & 2 Tablespoons of the sugar. Stir until sugar is melted. About 1 minute.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 3 Tablespoons of sugar with the salt & pumpkin pie spice.
- Add pumpkin seeds from skillet to mixing bowl & stir until coated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi! I am happily married with two children, 26 and 12. For nearly 10 years when this site was Recipezaar and then Food.com I hosted several different forums. I enjoyed making, creating, reviewing, and photographing recipes, but what I miss the most are the friendships I made here. I was Food Editor for the Mill Creek View Newspaper in Mill Creek, WA. for about 4 years during that time. Currently I am the office manager at a small mental health clinic. I'm not on this site much anymore, but I do continue to appreciate and respond to all reviews posted to my recipes.