I love sugar snap peas and I toss them into all kinds of dishes but this is a way to have them as a side dish. I think the Tarragon compliments them nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan and add onion.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened but not transparent (about 2-3 minutes).
- 3Add remaining ingredients (EXCEPT PEA PODS) and bring mixture to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to a medium heat and add Pea pods.
- 5Cook until vegetables are tender (about 1-2 minutes) and heated through or to desired crispness.
- 6NOTE: If you remove pea pods from freezer before you get started and let them sit on counter in package, they will defrost just a little and cooking time may shorten slightly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Snap Peas and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 91.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.0 g