Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great-tasting sugar-free cream cheese frosting. As a hint, before using, firm it up in the refrigerator a bit.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softenened and diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse the Splenda in a food processor to make it fine like confectioner's sugar.
- Add cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Mix until very well combined. If needed, add a bit more Splenda.
- Chill to firm it up a bit before using or use it right away.
I was happy to find this recipe. I have a newly diagnosed diabetic son and am trying to make a new version of the favorite birthday cake recipe. This was a little sweet to my taste, so I only used 1 c. of splenda and added some vanilla and a dash of lemon juice. You will need to double the amount if you like generous frosting or like to divide the cake layers into smaller layers.