Recipe by Chefpooky
This is a creamy coleslaw that is made with Splenda. Everyone who has tried it loves it.
Top Review by marinerl
This was the best sugar free cole slaw I've ever eaten. I made it for Thanksgiving and my picky son-in-law even liked it. He doesn't care for vegetables. Since I couldn't find the tarragon vinegar, I just used 1 1/2 tbsp of white vinegar with tarragon added. CSL
- 8 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into small pieces (about the size of rice).
- Combine Splenda, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and onion and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- I like to use the premade slaw mix, and chop it up finer and then mix the wet ingredients.