Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Switch Recipes. This recipe was posted by Frozen Peach. The slight bit of gelatin helps stablize the mousse so you can make it in advance.
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Ghiradelli preferred)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, lightly sweetened with splenda (optional topping)
- light dusting unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a medium mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, place the cold water in a small bowl. Sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 1 minute. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In the chilled bowl, combine Splenda, cocoa powder, salt, whipping cream and vanilla until roughly mixed. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat mixture until it becomes stiff. Do not over-beat or you will end up with chocolate butter. Beat in the gelatin mixture just until combined.
- Spoon chocolate mousse into decorative dessert dishes or martini glasses. Chill 1 to 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream lightly sweetened with Splenda and a sprinkling of cocoa powder if desired.
- May be made a day in advance.