Delicious treat for all ages. A good dough for cutting into shapes.
Make and share this Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture, and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in vanilla or lemon juice and zest.
- Wrap dough in plastic; chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to 0.125 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheets; refrigerate until firm, 15 minutes.
- Bake until edges just start to brown, 8-10 minutes .
- Cool on wire racks; decorate as desired.