Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Sue says, "I remember the very first time I ever made this pie, it was at the restaurant, and when I put it out, it sold out in 20 minutes and people would call to see when we would be making it, so we put it on the menu. If you love lemon, this is the pie for you!"
- 2 pie crusts, with
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, added to the crust
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons, peeled, sliced 1/8-inch thick (make sure you don't leave the white pith on)
- Prepare the pie crust, adding an additional 2 teaspoons lemon zest to the flour.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In lg. bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water, margarine, orange and lemon peel and eggs. beat until well blended.
- Stir in lemon slices.
- Pour into crust lined pie pan.
- Top with second crust. Seal edges, and flute.
- Sprinkle with about 2 T. sugar, and cut slits in top of pie, in several places.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 hours or until completely cooled.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This pie is one in a million! The only complaint was that I only made one. Next time I will make two of these so my family can enjoy more than one piece! If you love lemon, this is a must try for you. The crust is awesome too!
My dad was coming and he loves lemon pie, so I decided to make this one as it sounded really good and different than your typical Lemon Meringue Pie. It was loaded with mouth puckering lemon and orange flavors and totally delicious! I should have made two of them because everyone wanted seconds!
Amazing!!! You have got to try this pie if you love lemon. It is by far the best Lemon Pie I have ever had. No kidding!!!