1/2 Photos of Succulent Baked Chicken
3 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 50 mins
Got this from my cousin-in-law Doreen. The chicken cooks for 2 1/2 hours and comes out so moist. There will be plenty of juice from the meat to make a gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggie. Great weekend meal for those upcoming cold evenings. Cooking time includes the 20 minute sitting time in step 11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350Â°F
- 2Line a 9" X 13" glass baking dish with a very large piece of foil, big enough to wrap up the chicken.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- 4Rinse the chicken and pat the outside dry with paper(kitchen)towels. Place in the lined baking dish.
- 5Squeeze the juice from the wedged lemon inside the chicken and then put the lemon wedges inside the chicken. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with 1/3 of the herbs and salt and pepper.
- 6Squeeze the juice from the lemon slices on the chicken and lay the slices on top of it. Dot with butter.
- 7Sprinkle with the remaining herbs, the paprika, salt and pepper.
- 8Arrange the sliced onion around the chicken.
- 9Fold up the sides of the foil on the chicken and roll up the foil like a parcel.
- 10Place in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do not open the oven until the time is up.
- 11Remove the dish from the oven and let sit for about 15-20 minutes before opening the foil.
- 12Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. You can then use the juice in the pan to make a gravy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.5
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 259.0 mg
- Sodium 270.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 58.3 g