Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Garlic, onion and lemon thyme create an aroma and flavor profile that elevates the pork to a dinner party worthy main dish. Amounts are approximate because I don't really measure anything. Roast the pork using your favorite method.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle hard apple cider or 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried lemon thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Mix first 5 ingredients and and soak pork roast in mixture 6 hours or more, refrigerated.
- 1 hour before cooking, remove from refrigerator and rinse in cold water. There will be some thyme sticking to roast, no need to get fussy here, just removing the salt.
- Mix remaining 3 ingredients.
- Slice roast lengthwise, or make pocket in center depending on type of pork roast. Fill with onions, garlic and thyme.
- Roast using your favorite method.