Recipe by Korra
I had always wanted to try stuffed tomatoes, but every recipe I have ever heard of calls for tuna and I'm allergic to fish. As a result of spending all day watching the food network with my son's older half-brother's mom, I came up with this recipe. THIS RECIPE USES 1/5 OF THE ONION, BUT THAT KEEPS GETTING CHANGED TO 1/4 FOR SOME REASON TIP: There WILL be extra filling. A really good use for it, I have found, is to use it to make chicken quesadillas
- 3 tomatoes (preferably on the vine, but any will do)
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 0.5 (2 1/4 ounce) canchopped black olives, drained
- 0.333 (2 1/3 ounce) candiced jalapeno, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 small yellow onion, diced
- Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tops off of tomatoes.
- Hollow out tomatoes as best you can, saving only the seeds from the inside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomato seeds, shredded chicken, black olives, jalapenos, garlic, onion, and a splash of dressing.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Fill hollowed tomatoes until mounded on top.