Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from menus4moms.com
- 12 -16 ounces jumbo pasta shells or 12 -16 ounces manicotti
- 2 -3 cups marinara sauce (jarred or homemade)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook shells according to package directions. Mix ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff shells or manicotti with cheese mixture and arrange in a 13" x 9" baking dish coated with a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Spoon marinara sauce over each shell and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350°F.
Very good and very kid-friendly. I bought jarred marinara as I didn't have time to make up a pot, fresh, and added a dash of sugar and a spritz of red-wine vinegar (a trick I learned off Jamie Oliver to 'freshen' up jarred sauces). I also added some dried oregano. Fast to put together and very tasty. Some chopped spinach would also be good mixed in with the cheese.