Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This appetizer puts a little spin on the regular stuffed mushroom.
Make and share this Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 30 large baby portabella mushrooms (stems removed and saved for filling)
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach (remove stems)
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup white Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs (flavored or not your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- any shredded cheese, to top with (I used 6 cheese italian blend)
- Prep your shallots and garlic and set aside
- Heat a nonstick pan and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook chicken till moist and cooked through
- Put spinach and chicken and mushroom stems (to equal 1 1/4 cup of stems) through food processor just pulsing till fine
- Using the same nonstick pan put 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 cup butter into pan on med low heat and saute garlic and shallots till transparent
- Add chicken spinach and mushrooms mixture to pan and add the wine stir until incorporated
- Add the bread crumbs, basil and salt and pepper to taste
- Mix thoroughly
- Butter two 9 x 13 shallow baking pans
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture and top with 4 tablespoons melted butter to keep them moist
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- With 10 mins left to cook, top with cheese and return to oven for remainder of the 25 minute cooking time
These were okay, but I wasn't crazy about the texture with the chicken nearly minced up from the food processor. I also thought it was a little too rich with all of the butter. I was the only one who would eat them, so I won't make them again.
Healthy & delicious!