1/2 Photos of Stuffed Pasta Shells
1 hr 25 mins
Carrie Ann's Note:
This is one of the nicest pasta dishes I've ever eaten.The balance of the ingredients allow all the flavours to come through without any singular one dominating .This is a favourite that I am repeatedly asked to bring to buffet dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 eggs
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar prego spaghetti sauce
- 1Brown beef in frying pan;add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender.
- 2Drain, add salt and set aside to cool.
- 3Mix together parsley, basil, ricotta and parmesan.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add beef and eggs; mix well.
- 6Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
- 7Rinse under cold water and drain.
- 8Stuff shells with beef mixture and place in a baking dish.
- 9Pour sauce evenly over shells and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake, covered, at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pasta Shells
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.4
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 274.1 mg
- Sodium 1474.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jumbo pasta shells