Cheesy Beef-Stuffed Pasta Shells
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 18 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine or 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare macaroni shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until beef is browned.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and wine.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce into a lightly greased oblong baking pan; set aside remaining sauce.
- Stuff macaroni shells with beef mixture, and place in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over shells.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are the changes I made and it was scrumptious! • 18 jumbo pasta shells (I used 30 shells) • 1 lb ground beef (Chuck) • 1 medium onion, chopped (I Substituted Dehydrated Minced onion) • 2 garlic cloves, minced • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese • 1/2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs (I substituted plain breadcrumbs (I used Italian dehydrated spices) • 1/4 cup chopped parsley (I used dehydrated parsley flakes. • 1 egg, beaten • 1 dash pepper • salt • 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I used Prego 24 ounce jar) • 1/4 cup Burgundy wine or 1/4 cup dry red wine (I used sweet vermouth) • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan/Romano/Asiago Blend)
THIS DISH IS TO DIE FOR!!!! TRULY! I am so glad I made this! I used a 26 oz. jar of sauce so I could mix a little bit in with the meat mixture to moisten it up a bit. It's really amazing the flavor you get out of jarred sauce when you add in the wine! I did add serrano peppers to the meat mix for a little heat. I also added another cup of mozzerella ontop of the dish so it would be super gooey! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dish!!! Thanks for yet another keeper Di!
see 18 more reviews